Architecture for Humanity is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit founded in 1999. We are building a more sustainable future through the power of professional design.
By tapping a network of more than 50,000 professionals willing to give their time and expertise to help those who would not otherwise be able to afford their services, we bring design, construction and development services where they are most critically needed.
Each year 100,000 people directly benefit from structures designed by Architecture for Humanity. Our advocacy, training and outreach programs impact an additional 50,000 people annually. We channel the resources of the global funding community to meaningful projects that make a difference locally. From conception to completion, we manage all aspects of the design and construction process. Our clients include community groups, aid organizations, housing developers, government agencies, corporate divisions, and foundations.
Design is important to every aspect of our lives. It informs the places in which we live, work, learn, heal and gather. We engage all stakeholders in the design process. We believe our clients are designers in their own right.
Thoughtful, inclusive design creates lasting change in communities by:
• Alleviating poverty and providing access to water, sanitation, power and essential services
• Bringing safe shelter to communities prone to disaster and displaced populations
• Rebuilding community and creating neutral spaces for dialogue in post-conflict areas
• Mitigating the effects of rapid urbanization in unplanned settlements
• Creating spaces to meet the needs of those with disabilities and other at-risk populations
• Reducing the footprint of the built environment and addressing climate change
Design is the ultimate renewable resource. Join us in building safer, more sustainable and more innovative structures—structures that are assets to their communities and an ongoing testament to the ability of people to come together to envision a better future.
WHAT WE DO IN 90 SECONDS
Architecture for Humanity brings people who care about sustainable development together. We provide a range of design and construction administration services to partners and clients through a global network of design, development and construction professionals with local expertise and knowledge.
55,000 newsletter subscribers, 500+ professional affiliations globally
58 chapters in 16 countries with more than 13,100 professional volunteers
Design Fellowship Program
20-35 design fellows in 12 countries dedicated to community based design projects globally for 6-month to 1-year fellowships
Open Architecture Network www.openarchitecturenetwork.org
• First site to offer open source architectural plans, drawings and online viewing of CAD files
• Ability to collaborate, manage projects remotely, and share design knowledge
• 30,000 unique visits monthly
• 43,580 registered users
• Twitter – 203,100 followers and growing - @archforhumanity
• Facebook – 72,700 fans
• Architecture for Humanity Website – 85,000 monthly hits
• Community-based organizations: Pinsara Federation, League for Education and Development, Hope Coordination Center, and others.
• Housing developers: Habitat for Humanity, Hope Coordination Center, and others.
• Institutional and NGO clients: UN Habitat, AMD, FIFA, Nike, Oprah’s Angel Network, Orient Global,
and many others.
• Government: USAID, Parks Department of the City of New York, Office of Emergency Management