Web Developer Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The position of Web Product Manager will work with all stakeholders to drive The Worldchanging web site direction and feature requirements. This position is also responsible for leading external development teams to execute on the product roadmap and to manage the product through its entire life cycle in order to increase traffic and engagement for the organization.
• Manage the product development process and life cycle from inception to product delivery, growth, and eventual retirement.
• Define product strategy and direction and develop and maintain long-term product roadmaps.
• Gather, validate, and evaluate product requirements through market, user, and competitive research.
• Define product features and benefits for new and existing site functionality, including writing detailed product requirements documents.
• Monitor the release process and prioritize the placement of new products or enhancements in a release, balancing organizational objectives, product strategy, and market needs.
• Monitoring of financial information pertinent to specific project activity.
• Monitoring of work to ensure targets are met and that output is of expected standard.
• Serve as the internal and external champion for the web site.
• Undergraduate degree required with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience, preferably in a product management or equivalent role at internet or software companies.
• Knowledge of Sustainable Development and its applications within business.
• Experience in applied research or environmental or sustainability project work.
• Domain knowledge in the area of environmental economics or sustainable construction.
• Passion for technology and the internet, especially social media and web 2.0 technologies; strong awareness of emerging web trends and potential influence on the Worldchanging organization.
• Problem solving ability, and research and analysis skills and experience.
• Results-oriented self-starter who can operate under minimal supervision in an unstructured environment.
• In-depth knowledge of the product development and evaluation process.
• Skills required include business acumen, organizational assessment, creativity, interpersonal skills, and quantitative analytical abilities.
• Must be an outstanding communicator and be comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and requires proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
• Business/professional skills required include flexibility, professionalism, assertiveness, trustworthiness, reliability, responsibility, efficiency, cooperation, and adaptability.
• Working knowledge of funding sources and potential clients for research in sustainability.
• Discretion and ability to manage multiple tasks under deadline pressure and prioritize workloads and to respond to deadlines.
• Knowledge of basic business operations, procedures and philosophies.
Please send your resume and references to Twyla Parks, Human Resources Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.