Director of Finance
This is a senior management position responsible for oversight and leadership of all financial and legal compliance, risk assessment, IT and HR oversight and management as well as strategy. This position will manage the finance staff, and is responsible for overseeing the full range of financial management systems including fiscal analysis, budgeting, internal controls, audits and reports. The Director of Finance is a key member of the executive team and will operate under the supervision of the Executive Director. S/he also will work closely with the Managing Director, Director of Operations, Board Treasurer, auditors and other members of the Finance Committee as necessary. The Director of Finance also provides strategic financial direction for project teams in the field and regional sites worldwide.
Base: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: Immediate.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Architecture for Humanity offers a competitive salary and benefits and the opportunity to join a staff dedicated to using design to change lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee and work with the HR Manager to direct all human resource needs and continually evaluate hiring practices, staff review tracking, time tracking, maintenance of all personnel files and management of all employee benefit program.
- The ideal candidate will bring a passion for sustainable design and a high level of personal and professional integrity, excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to communicate financial reports effectively and clearly to a broad range of stakeholders, and prior success developing effective working relationships with staff and a Board of Directors.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Accounting, Business or related field required. C.P.A., Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is a strong plus.
- Ten years experience in finance, accounting or a related field, inclusive of five years finance experience within a non-profit context, professional services sector or project management accounting in a construction or related field required. Understanding of nonprofit management and governance preferred.
- Expertise in financial analysis and activity, accounting, budget development, control and reporting, project and grant management and internal controls required. Experience in management of investment income required. Experience in managing and reporting on government contracts and grants preferred.
- Extensive recent experience in QuickBooks and proficiency with MS Office, Excel etc. is required.
- An ability to communicate financial systems in ways comprehensible to people outside the finance field.
- Strong organizational skills, management skills, communication skills and attention to detail.
- A sense of humor, energy for challenges, flexible, self-starter, ability to meet deadlines and multi task in a fast paced environment.
Interested? Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to jobs+DoF@architectureforhumanity.org
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. We participate in the E-Verify program.