Design Fellow | Outreach Coordinator
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: Aug 15, 2013 (est.)
Type: Design Fellow
Architecture for Humanity and Alcoa Foundation will provide grants to pre-selected universities to support the realization of community-based projects that explore innovative uses of sustainable materials. Throughout the program the Grantees will be responsible for providing regular reports with images, graphics and tangible deliverables via an online knowledge-sharing platform. Grantees will also be required to participate in knowledge sharing and peer-to-peer exchanges as coordinated and facilitated by Architecture for Humanity in partnership with Alcoa Foundation.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the Program Manager to help coordinate all aspects of the program. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Co-facilitate regular communications with Funding partners, University partners and consultants;
• Issue regular internal and external reports on program and project updates;
• Track program deliverables and outcomes.
• Review and synthesize program and project outcomes into high-quality written and graphic (ie, photography, general graphic design, infographics, video) reports/ publications to keep outcomes accessible to a global audience.
• Actively collaborate with partners and consultants to maintain, develop and promote established program goals and objectives;
• Maintain presence on social media and Architecture for Humanity website;
• Respond to general inquiries regarding the program;
• Provide design expertise and execution, creating promotional materials as appropriate (written, graphic, video);
• Co-develop and execute a strategy for effective grantee (student and faculty) engagement, seeking opportunities to cross-promote Architecture for Humanity, University and Alcoa Foundation events and activities that promote the program and projects;
• Coordinate and participate in special interactive events, such as webinars, panel discussions and/or workshops.
Qualifications: (Please apply only if you meet all requirements)
• Strong, proven data visualization graphic design skills, including advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite;
• Basic html skills a plus;
• Strong English language experience, including the ability to analyze high-level research and synthesize findings for a wide audience;
• Experience compiling high quality, publisher-grade research reports, design briefs, or similar products;
• Experience with video editing software packages, such as Final Cut Pro or iMovie;
• Experience with &/or sufficient knowledge of sustainable construction techniques;
• Ability to work both independently and in collaborative settings;
• Enthusiasm for Architecture for Humanity’s commitment to humanitarian design and a good sense of humor.
12 months (40hours/ week). San Francisco-based. Travel within the USA or abroad may be expected.
Please send your CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org -- include Alcoa | Outreach Coordinator in the subject field. In your email, please include 3 short writing samples (no more than 1,000 words each), a portfolio including any relevant graphic design work (infographics, professional reports, or other relevant design products) and sample video projects.
Please note that this is not a benefits eligible position. The Design Fellow will receive a monthly stipend.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.