Development Associate, New Business
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full-time
The Development Associate, New Business provides support for Architecture for Humanity's Manager of New Business Development, the development team and program staff in ongoing, strategic resource and new business development.
This includes: (1) writing winning proposals for government, foundation and corporate grants and proposals, (2) providing support for business development and marketing of Architecture for Humanity's programs, and (3) providing support for research, proposal writing and business development activities across the organization.
The New Business Development Associate will be responsible for a wide range of tasks including:
• Provide significant support to multiple Architecture for Humanity programs in researching, developing, coordinating and writing critical proposals for government, foundation and corporate funding sources.
• Help build the capacity of Architecture for Humanity in resource development by developing templates and writing tools to support proposal development.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative market research and analysis to guide business planning and development efforts.
• Provide guidance and recommendations to support business planning and marketing efforts and assist with the implementation of recommendations, as appropriate.
• Take on other roles to support key organizational initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree, a plus.
• Minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
• Experience with marketing and strategy consulting desirable.
• Demonstrated expertise and success in proposal writing and resource development.
• Strong ability to work collaboratively with development and program staff to conceptualize a proposal coupled with outstanding writing skills.
• Demonstrated experience in writing, editing and producing complex proposals and/or grants required.
• Experience with conducting market research
• Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects.
• Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills including ability to establish and maintain relationships with diverse and geographically dispersed staff.
• Ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced work environment; ability to work extended hours as necessitated by proposal requirements.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficiency with salesforce.com desired.
To express interest, email a cover letter and resume to jobs+DevelAssocNB@architectureforhumanity.org. Please include Development Associate, New Business in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation or national origin. We participate in the E-Verify program.