Seeking Volunteer Film-Maker
Location: Architecture for Humanity HQ, San Francisco
Start Date: Immediate
Commitment: As required to finalize a video by September 22nd, estimated 18 hours/week.
Program: Enel Cuore Community Empowerment Program
Architecture for Humanity is seeking a volunteer with film making experience to edit a stop-motion video publicizing the Enel Cuore Community Empowerment Program. Through 7 projects in 7 countries this program is harnessing the power of innovative design to build infrastructure for communities in need.
An initial version of the video has been created, but now requires editing and creation of new material (filming and animation) to get it ready for screening at a conference in Italy in October, 2013.
The role will involve liaising with the team at Architecture for Humanity headquarters but also working independently to create the video. The timeline of the project is quite specific and requires ability to start immediately and finish the project by September 22nd, 2013.
• Liaise with the team at Architecture for Humanity headquarters to understand the program and the role of the video
• Create a storyboard for the video that meets specific comments/feedback relating to the original version.
• Film and animate new content
• Edit the new content together with the existing video
• Meet deadlines effectively (see below)
Timeline for the project
• Storyboard: August 23rd
• Interim draft: September 9th
• Finalized video: September 22nd
• Experience with stop-motion film-making, editing and animation
• Strong abilities with software such as Final Cut Pro, After Effects and/or other animation and editing software
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate graphically through drawing or computer imagery (to create a storyboard)
• A work ethic that is flexible and easily adaptable, creativity and imagination!
To apply please send a brief cover letter, resume and examples of previous video work to email@example.com with “Application for Film Maker–Enel” as the subject of your email.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.