WINTER 2014 VOLUNTEER INTERNSHIP: Graphic Design & Research // Chapter Support Materials // Chapter Program
Location: HQ - San Francisco, CA
Start Date: Jan 13, 2014
Type: HQ Intern
Application Deadline: Nov 15, 2013
Have a desire to help refine a venue for architectural activism? Want to contribute to a growing body of knowledge and resources assisting people to design with a passion? If yes have we got the opportunity for you!
This position will partner with our Outreach Coordinator regarding all things Chapter Network. This Chapter Network includes 58 autonomous volunteer, grass roots groups bringing design services to those in who need it most in their communities. This position will be aiding the development of the network infrastructure, from the external (outreach, coordination, graphic design, methodology research, newsletter and social media outreach) to the internal (program coordination, communications, and graphic design and toolkit production). Key skills are enthusiasm, ability to distill large amounts of information into simple graphics, an architectural background and project management preferred. Rule breaking strongly encouraged, as long as you clearly communicate your motives.
Additional skills required (Please only apply if you meet all requirements)
- Excellent graphic design skills, both layout and original content
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-directed with consistent follow-through
- Flexible, agile and ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge and experience of chapter processes and network
- Project management experience, i.e. have worked in an architectural or design office for at least few months...
3 - 6 months (full-time; 35+ hours per week)
If you wish to apply, please email your complete application to email@example.com no later than November 15, 2013. Your application must include: