Communications Associate - Japan
Location: MakiBiz in Ishinomaki, Miyagi, Japan
Start Date: 1 September 2013 (negotiable)
Number of Positions Available: 1
Position Type: Full-Time Independent Contractor
Commitment: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Contract Period: 12 months
Stipend: Communications Associate gets paid monthly stipend based on his/her experience and commitment level.
Architecture for Humanity Tohoku Rebuilding Program seeks an individual who assist the Regional Program Manager and the Director of Strategic Partnership for donor development and internal and external communication activities at our regional office, MakiBiz. You will help to guide the tone and development of funder reports, newsletter broadcasts, outreach correspondence, fundraising campaigns and printed material.
Development & Fundraising
- Work with the New Business Development Manager, the Regional Program Manager and the Director of Strategic Partnership to create a fund development plan including but not limited to:
- establishing a schedule of fundraising activities
- researching and developing a list of potential donors
- creating and implementing strategies for securing funds from corporations, individuals, foundations, events and other funding sources.
- Meet and cultivate relationships with potential and existing donors.
- Support the Regional Program Manager and the Director of Strategic Partnership in the customization of funder reports, campaign communication and project case studies.
- Assist the New Program Development Manager to integrate project updates with planned fundraising activities.
- Work with the Regional Program Manager and the Director of Strategic Partnership to determine communication/marketing needs of MakiBiz, and develop strategies to achieve those needs.
- Post program/project updates to Architecture for Humanity’s website as well as the Worldchanging website at least once a week.
- Assist in the development of accessible presentation tools such as slide deck libraries, project one-pagers, pamphlet takeaways and others as appropriate or needed.
- Act as MakiBiz point person for our PR inquiries alongside our Public Relations provider.
- Coordinate with the web team and the Communications Associate at our headquarters to ensure that all online communication is properly highlighted and is concurrent with established standards and navigation parameters.
- Engage the MakiBiz's social media presence.
- Coordinate with the Communications Associate at our headquarters to catalogue and maintain a multimedia archive.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 1 year’s work experience in Development, Fundraising, Marketing and/or Communications.
- Experience at a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and requires proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking Japanese at business environment. Ability to communicate in English is strongly preferred.
- Experience and expertise using online tools and social media.
- Experience and proficiency in HTML.
- Design and graphics expertise and command of Adobe software.
- Must have a current drivers license and a vehicle to drive from and to job sites in Japan.
- Must be able to relocate and live in Ishinomaki, Miyagi for at least one year.
- Must have or be able to obtain an appropriate immigration status to work in Japan by the time of an employment starting date.
We are looking for a team player who has an experience engaging any type of audience for a sustained period of time, and is highly organized with a collaborative work ethic.
Please send your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. Please include "Communications Associate – Japan" in the subject line of your email.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.