Communications & Social Media Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
Architecture for Humanity seeks a nonprofit communications expert with Digital Platforms experience. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer/communicator across multiple platforms, able to think and plan strategically, execute on the plan, test different approaches, track critical metrics, and demonstrate return on investment.
S/he will join a development team of five, comprised of a four fundraising professionals and one other communications position, a Creative Content and Branding Coordinator. The Communications team reports to the Development Director and is responsible for digital and print content for the Organization.
The Social Media & Communications Manager is primarily responsible for digital platform content, while also supporting the overall communications activities of the department.
Develop External Communications Content (40%)
- Works with the Development Team to create strategic and impactful communications across multiple platforms in order to build support for the organization and its mission.
- Maintains and updates platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and the organizations Blog.
- Manages day-to-day posting and monitoring of organizations social media channels.
- Edits and creates external content with input from program managers, field staff, and development team for regular publishing across all platforms to support development activities.
- Works with program managers, field staff, and development team to find opportunities within our work to tell impactful stories.
- Edit incoming blog content, newsletters, and emails as needed.
- Maintains and updates web content to keep Architecture for Humanity website current and up to date.
- Manages and regulates the publishing calendar.
- Reports on and analyzes social media accounts, to determine effective courses of action.
- Drafts effective social media messaging for organizational campaigns.
Development Department Support (40%)
- Support drafting of email newsletter, appeal campaigns and Quarterly and Annual Reports as needed
- Collaborates to develop visual marketing decks/materials/collateral and event materials
- As necessary, interview and steward key stakeholders such as donors, partners, program managers etc. through communications pieces.
- Serve as a member of the development team to provide ongoing support to develop overall case for support.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Works with PR agent to draft and edit outgoing press releases
- Works with PR agent to pitch stories to external publishers
- Works with PR Agent to find and plan significant internal/external publishing and appearances.
Website Management (10%)
- Platforms Include Open Architecture Network (OAN), Chapter Network platform, and organization website
- Manages and delegates tasks to contracted web developers to achieve development team goals.
- Uses proficient knowledge of HTML and CSS to build and maintain site webpages.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in communications at a significant sized organization, with at least 2 years experience in managing social media platforms.
- Advanced digital storyteller, with extensive experience translating ideas, information and events into high-impact stories.
- Extensive experience planning and executing multi-faceted and effective social media campaigns.
- Extensive experience with daily maintenance and publishing among social media platforms.
- Understanding of current trends in social media, with ability to utilize past and current analytics in a way that positions the organization to succeed in the future.
- Proactive in forging social media and marketing relationships with outside organizations to promote AFH's work.
- Experience managing an active, multi-contributor blog platform.
- Strong writing and editing skills, especially with public facing communications.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Rich Text Editing.
- Demonstrated mastery of graphic design and editing software, including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Extensive experience in graphic design and creation of promotional materials.
- Demonstrated mastery of publication software, including Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Good team spirit.
- Good sense of humor.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. We participate in the E-Verify program.
Please email email@example.comEmail subject line: Social Media + Communications – Your Full Name
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio and/or relevant work samples
Note: Only complete applications will be considered.