Architecture for Humanity is a non-profit, and is looking for an accountant who is passionate to be part of a team that is bringing a difference to the lives of millions of people through design, construction and development services to communities in need around the world.
We are currently seeking a Project Accountant who thrives in a dynamic environment involving multiple priorities/tasks. The job consists of construction project accounting including, but not limited to, contracts, billing, AP, AR, tracking for multiple projects, billings, and reporting to program managers.
- Responsible for the processing, reviewing, tracking, and general ledger posting of construction costs for multiple projects
- Communicate with project managers, vendors, and external parties to manage invoice payment/billings process
- Assist in the development/enhancement of project reporting
- Process accounts payable from invoice to payment, beginning with coding invoices to the appropriate job numbers
- Tagging expenses to donors based on donor requirements and creating billing/monthly progress packages
- Reconciliation of vendor and donor statements
- Prepare program budgets, manage the tracking, reporting and the explain the progress of programs to the program managers
- Must have at least three years of project accounting experience
- Experience with accounting software, recent experience with Quick Books highly desired
- Proficiency with Excel (pivot tables)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and possess the ability to look outside the box
- Effectively communicate with Program Managers, Donors and Vendors
- Self-starter with attention to detail and a proactive approach
Salary is expected to be in the range of $55K to $60K, depending on experience. Architecture for Humanity offers an excellent benefits package that includes 100% coverage for medical, and also offers dental, vision, 403(b) and other work-life benefits.
Interested? Email your resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Architecture for Humanity to jobs+ProjAcct@architectureforhumanity.org Please include Project Acct in the subject line of your email.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. We participate in the E-Verify program.