Annual Fund Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Full-time
Reporting to the Development Director, the Annual Fund Manager will be responsible for designing and developing a high-touch program that moves donors up the giving pyramid and for managing a portfolio of donors and prospects. A key component of this program will be to accelerate the process of qualifying donors and prospects to ensure that they are receiving the proper treatment to maximize their engagement with and giving to Architecture for Humanity. The Manager will have bottom line responsibility for achieving budget goals and other metrics.
• Manage annual fund program for the effective qualification, stewardship and solicitation of donors including: donor qualification meetings, regular mailings, personal treatment strategies, cultivation and retention events, email communications, donor teleconference calls and other tools
• Lead Prospect Research and Database Management to identify prospects, and then collaborate with other team members to attract, cultivate and transform these prospects into annual fund donors
• Design and execute a vision for the program that inspires donors to engage with the organization
• Gain and understanding of AFH's complex programs and communicate effectively with donors about them
• Work with Program and other Development staff to qualify every donor in the portfolio, and adapt treatment plan to match qualification
• Develop and oversee a network of staff and volunteers who are reaching out to annual fund donors
• Proactively design and implement strategic treatment options and schedules to renew, upgrade and retain the donor segments within this portfolio, working closely with major gift portfolio managers
• Ongoing analysis of program to assess what works well and adapt strategies accordingly
• Develop increasing financial goals and benchmarks for Annual Fund donors, and ensure the goals are consistently met
• Track and record all relevant information in SalesForce
• Design and produce reports and analyses on donor revenue, demographic trends and other performance measurements as necessary
• Work closely with Major Gifts team to ensure seamless treatment of donors
• Seamlessly integrate social media strategies into annual fund practices
• 7-10 years as a development professional with experience necessary to aggressively, creatively and strategically grow the program
• Extraordinary database management skills, including list segmentation and data integrity
• A proactive strategic thinker with the knowledge and willingness to move donors through the process
• Strong analytical abilities with a focus on action and results
• Ability to inspire others and marshal organizational resources to accomplish clearly defined goals
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• The ability and motivation to work as a team player while being highly self-motivated and autonomous
• A proactive and passionate fundraiser
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, AFH is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
To express interest, email a cover letter and resume to jobs+FundMgr@architectureforhumanity.org. Please include Annual Fund Manager in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender,sexual orientation or national origin. We participate in the E-Verify program.