Development Database & Event Coordinator
Location: San Francisco, CA
Position Type: Hourly
Summary: The Development Database & Event Coordinator reports to the Director of Development and works in close collaboration with all Development team members. The position assists in building and analyzing the donor database and oversees gift acceptance, gift acknowledgements as well as the regular creation of required development reports. The position reconciles donation accounts with the Finance team, maintains and updates donor information, assists with donor communication as well as participates in various development and organization related events.
This is a terrific opportunity to work with a successful and experienced team of development professionals for a respected and established organization, and to use your skills and creativity as the organization expands its fundraising initiatives in a pleasant, collaborative working environment.
• Act as the primary contact for development inquiries from donors and staff
• Maintain positive relationships with current donors
• Maintain tracking system to ensure donor pledges (corporate and individual) and grant payments (foundation) are received and processed in a timely way
• Partner with Development Director in meeting donors one-on-one and develop relationship plans as needed
-Assist with grant reporting
• Oversee Salesforce operations and effective usage
• Maintenance of donor lists, donor payments, donor pledges
• Creation of donor reports, including information that draws from mail lists, donor lists, cultivation and solicitation lists
• Process gifts and donations as needed
Event Planning and Implementation/Communications
• Support planning and implementation of events, meetings and conferences
• Help implement strategies to attract major donor prospects and ongoing donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities/events
• Assist Communications Manager in the set-up and running of various donor events, including messaging and marketing strategies
General Administrative duties
• Answer incoming development calls to the Development department daily
• Manage each inquiry with input from the Development Director as needed, including directing major gift, foundation and corporate inquiries to the Development Director
• Partner with Development Director to assist with creation of reports and agendas for Board of Directors’ Development committee
• Provide support for successful meetings and preparation of minutes of meetings for organization records
• Participate in special projects and assist in the work of the department as needed and balanced with the position’s workload, goals and deadlines
• Experience and knowledge with databases and content management systems (Salesforce experience is a plus)
• Attention to detail, organizational and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to interact professionally with senior staff, board leadership, and donors
• Experience in Moves Management a plus
• Degree in data management or related field preferred, but not required
• 2+ years experience in the nonprofit sector preferred and/or foundation fundraising, donor relations and acknowledgements a plus
• Desire to work in teams, with the ability to work independently
The Architecture for Humanity benefit package includes 100% premium-paid coverage for medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 403(b) retirement saving plan, pre-tax commuter assistance, 3 weeks PTO and paid holidays.
To express interest, email a cover letter and resume to jobs+DevelCoord@architectureforhumanity.org. Please include Development Database & Event Coordinator in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender sexual orientation or national origin. We participate in the E-Verify program.