2013 FALL INTERNSHIP // COMMUNICATIONS // DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Location: Architecture for Humanity HQ, San Francisco
Start Date: September 2013
Commitment: 3 months, part- or full-time
Communications is a critical part of the nonprofit ecosystem. The communications team works with program staff and field staff to capture the story and impact of the organization's various projects and endeavors, advocating the need for and success of humanitarian design and architecture.
• Augment the presence and engagement of Architecture for Humanity to its fans and network - generating written content, populating social media platforms, applying for wards, exploring other effective outreach methods.
• Work with local Chapters to promote chapter projects, persons and accomplishments
• Possibility for pursuing independent project
• Document management
• Reports to the Communications Associate
• Mastery of Adobe suite
• Experience blogging and with various social media (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Pinterest, Google Plus)
• Familiarity with HTML and web editing
• Experience/comfort conducting interviews (Skype, Google Hangout), writing reports
• Familiarity with video capture and editing a plus
• Familiarity/experience discussing humanitarian design principles, ideas and developments in an organized way
To apply please send a brief cover letter, resume and work samples to email@example.com mentioning "Communications Fall 2013 Intern" in the email subject.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.